Desktop Controls Explained
The desktop controls are broken down into 5 areas, separated by horizontal dividers.
This section displays your username, and session status. There is some variation between our Mac and Windows clients.
- Sync Freedom: Manually sync blocklists and sessions
This section will allow you to start a Freedom session directly from your desktop menu.
- Select Devices: Choose devices for the session
- Select Blocklists: Choose blocklists for the session
- Start a Session: Start session with selected devices and blocklists
- Schedule a Session: Managed scheduled sessions
This section allows you to control the Freedom app's behavior.
- Manage Freedom: Opens your dashboard
- Manage Blocked Windows/Mac Apps: Opens a list of desktop apps that you can block with Desktop App blocking. Note: apps need to be running to populate on this list.
- Options → Start at Login: When enabled, Freedom will start at login.
- Options → Disable Quit During Sessions: When enabled, Freedom will prevent you from quitting during a running session.
- Options → Advanced Options → Block Everything: (Mac only) If selected, all network connectivity is blocked during "Block everything" sessions.
- Options → Advanced Options → Block Email and Chat: (Mac only) If selected, desktop email and chat programs will be blocked during any kind of session.
- About Freedom: Displays current version number
- Launch Tour: Launches a setup guide
- Update Freedom: Checks for updates
- Sign out: Logs out of the client (useful for switching users)
- Quit: Quits the client