Thanks for using Freedom on your iOS device! Here's how to set up the app on your iPhone/iPad.
1. To begin using Freedom on your iOS device, first download the Freedom app from App Store.
2. Once you download the app, open Freedom and sign in with your account email and password.
3. To block in Safari, install the Safari Content Blocker. On iOS 15+, you can find this setting under iOS Settings > Safari > Extensions. We also recommend turning on "All websites" under Safari > Content Blockers > Toggle "All Websites".
On iOS 14 and older, you can find this under iOS Settings > Safari > Content Blockers.
5. Tap Install next to App Blocker to install the Freedom app blocker. This blocks content on other browsers like Google Chrome, and for apps.
6. On the next screen, tap Install App Blocker.
7. Use Touch ID, Face ID, or Passcode to install the Freedom VPN. You've finished installing Freedom!
8. When the VPN is installed, it will look like this. Please note that you do not need to toggle the VPN on or off manually. The VPN we use is a local VPN, and will connect automatically to block the sites and apps on your blocklist.
Clicking on the settings icon will take you to our settings screen. Here you can enable locked mode, configure notifications, turn blog posts on or off, and reinstall the app blocker if necessary. For more information, see Freedom for iOS menu options explained.
Still having trouble?
If you're having any difficulty, please feel free to send us an email at [email protected] or chat with us via the green chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the page. We're happy to help!