Since Freedom is designed to keep you off time-wasting websites and apps while you focus, we have tried to make it difficult to circumvent. However, there are a few ways you can end a block session when necessary.
Note: Methods 1 + 2 will only work if you are not using Locked Mode.
- Ending a block session by quitting Freedom on a desktop computer (Mac + Windows)
- Ending a block session by deleting a device (Mac + Windows)
- Stopping a block session via customer support (For Locked Mode)
METHOD 1: ENDING A BLOCK SESSION BY QUITTING FREEDOM ON MAC OR WINDOWS
1. Click the Freedom icon in the top menu bar.
2. Select Quit.
*Note: If you decide to quit in the middle of a session, the session will continue where it left off the next time you launch Freedom.
- Click the Freedom icon from the task bar.
- Select Quit.
Disabling this feature
If you would like to disable the ability to quit Freedom in the middle of a session, you may do so by clicking on the Freedom icon, going to ' options', and selecting 'disable quit during session'.
Please note that if you decide to quit in the middle of a session, the next time you log back in, the session will continue from where it left off.
METHOD 2: STOP A BLOCK SESSION BY DELETING A DEVICE
This works for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android
- Go to your Freedom dashboard - freedom.to/dashboard
- Click on the device you want to stop the block session on.
3. Click Delete Device.
METHOD 3: STOP A BLOCK SESSION VIA CUSTOMER SUPPORT
If you would prefer not to use the methods above, or if they don't work because you are in locked mode or have disabled quit during sessions, you can email us at email@example.com or use the green chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the page and we’ll try to respond as quickly as possible.
Note: This may take a few hours depending on support volume.