Since Freedom is designed to keep you off time-wasting websites and apps while you focus, we have tried to make it difficult to circumvent. However, there are a few ways you can end a block session when necessary.
Note: Methods 1 + 2 will only work if you are not using Locked Mode.
- Ending a block session by quitting Freedom on a desktop computer (Mac + Windows)
- Ending a block session by deleting a device (Mac + Windows)
- Stopping a block session via customer support (For Locked Mode)
METHOD 1: ENDING A BLOCK SESSION BY QUITTING FREEDOM ON YOUR DESKTOP COMPUTER
1. Click the Freedom icon in the top menu bar.
2. Select Quit.
*Note: If you decide to quit in the middle of a session, the session will continue where it left off the next time you launch Freedom.
- Click the Freedom icon in the top menu bar.
2. Select Quit.
You can only quit an iOS session by deleting a device via the Freedom dashboard. To go to your Freedom dashboard, go to freedom.to/dashboard. For more help, see Method 2 below.
METHOD 2: STOP A BLOCK SESSION BY DELETING A DEVICE
Mac + Windows
- Go to your Freedom dashboard - freedom.to/dashboard
2. Click on the device you want to stop the block session on.
3. Click Delete Device.
METHOD 3: STOP A BLOCK SESSION VIA CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Mac, Windows, iOS
1. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to respond as quickly as possible.
Note: This may take a few hours depending on support volume.
Still having trouble?
If you're having any difficulty, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com or chat with us via the green chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the page. We're happy to help!