During the COVID-19 Pandemic, we've seen an increase in Freedom use, and an increase in requests for support. One of the most common requests is stopping a block. To make things a little easier for you, we have introduced a feature that will allow you to stop a block - but accounts are limited to three uses of this feature.
To take advantage of this feature, follow these steps.
- Log in to your Freedom dashboard - https://freedom.to/dashboard
- Find the schedule you wish to stop in your list of running schedules, and click on it.
- Next, click on "Edit session," and the session editor will open up.
- Under the "Save" button at the bottom of the form, you will see an "End Session" link. Click that, and you will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the session.
- After your session is deleted, please select "Sync Freedom" in the Mac/Windows menu, or re-open the app in Android/iOS to ensure the blocks are removed.
Now, if you don't want to have the ability to delete sessions, simply click "Disable this feature" and it will be turned off for your account.
We think this is a good balance of giving you options if you need a session deleted, but still keeping in line with Freedom's intention of helping you stick to your goals. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this challenging time.
Some other ways to end sessions, if you are not using Locked Mode:
Since Freedom is designed to keep you off time-wasting websites and apps while you focus, we have tried to make it difficult to circumvent. However, there are a few ways you can end a block session when necessary.
Note: Methods 1 + 2 will only work if you are not using Locked Mode.
- Ending a block session by quitting Freedom on a desktop computer (Mac + Windows)
- Ending a block session by deleting a device (Mac + Windows)
- Stopping a block session via customer support (For Locked Mode)
METHOD 1: ENDING A BLOCK SESSION BY QUITTING FREEDOM ON MAC OR WINDOWS
1. Click the Freedom icon in the top menu bar.
2. Select Quit.
*Note: If you decide to quit in the middle of a session, the session will continue where it left off the next time you launch Freedom.
- Click the Freedom icon from the task bar.
- Select Quit.
Disabling this feature
If you would like to disable the ability to quit Freedom in the middle of a session, you may do so by clicking on the Freedom icon, going to ' options', and selecting 'disable quit during session'.
Please note that if you decide to quit in the middle of a session, the next time you log back in, the session will continue from where it left off.
METHOD 2: STOP A BLOCK SESSION BY DELETING A DEVICE
This works for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android
- Go to your Freedom dashboard - freedom.to/dashboard
- Click on the device you want to stop the block session on.
3. Click Delete Device.
METHOD 3: STOP A BLOCK SESSION VIA CUSTOMER SUPPORT
If you would prefer not to use the methods above, or if they don't work because you are in locked mode or have disabled quit during sessions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the green chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the page and we’ll try to respond as quickly as possible.
Note: This may take a few hours depending on support volume.