Desktop Controls Explained
The desktop controls are broken down into 5 areas:
This section displays your username and session status.
- Sync Freedom: Manually sync blocklists and sessions. Try this option if you've made changes that don't seem to be taking effect, or if sessions aren't starting or ending.
This section will allow you to start a Freedom session directly from your desktop menu.
- Select Devices: Choose devices for the session.
- Select Blocklists: Choose blocklists for the session.
- Start a Session: Start session with selected devices and blocklists.
- Schedule a Session: Manage scheduled sessions.
This section allows you to control the Freedom app's behavior.
- Manage Freedom: Opens your browser dashboard.
- Manage Blocked Desktop Apps: Opens a list of desktop apps that you can block with Desktop App blocking. Note: Apps may need to be running to populate on this list.
- Options → Run on Startup: When enabled, Freedom will launch at startup.
- Options → Disable Quit During Sessions: When enabled, Freedom will prevent you from quitting during a running session.
- Options → Disable Task Manager During Sessions: When enabled, Freedom will prevent you from accessing Task Manager so you cannot manually quit the app during an active block session.
- Options → Block System Settings During Sessions: Prevents you from opening system settings during sessions.
- Options → Show Session Notifications: Shows notifications when your sessions begin and end.
- Options → Non-Proxy Mode: Activates non-proxy mode. For more information on this, please see Non-Proxy Mode for Windows.
- Options → Troubleshooting Info: This contains information that is useful for troubleshooting any issues with Freedom. When contacting support, you may be asked to send this information.
- Manage Website Exceptions: This is where you add the URLs for the sites you want to allow. For more information on this feature, please see Windows Website Exceptions.
- Enable Website Exceptions: Website exceptions will only work when you have this selected.
- About Freedom: Displays current version number.
- Launch Tour: Launches a setup guide.
- Update Freedom: Checks for updates.
- Sign out: Logs out of the client (useful for switching to a different Freedom account).
- Quit: Quits the client.
If you're having any difficulty, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com or chat with us via the green chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the page. We're happy to help!