We're very excited to announce that our Windows app now has the ability to allow browsing only certain websites via Freedom Website Exceptions! You can allow both entire domains (ie. facebook.com) and subdomains (ie. facebook.com/business) with Website Exceptions.
Desktop App Set-up
To begin, do the following:
1. Click on the Freedom task-bar icon to bring up the Freedom app menu.
2. Click "Enable Website Exceptions".
How to add Website Exceptions
- Click Manage Website Exceptions to bring up this window. Click "Add Site" to add sites to your list.
2. Enter a site and click "Add". For the purpose of this tutorial, we are adding facebook.com to our list.
3. Start a session. The sites in your list will not be blocked!
Q. Do I have to run a "Block All Websites" session for Website Exceptions to work?
A. You can use Website Exceptions with both Block All Websites sessions and sessions that only use your custom blocklists! Sites will be allowed for both setups.
Q. Can I add sites to my exceptions list during a block session?
A. To avoid "cheating" or getting around your pre-determined blocks, website exceptions cannot be added during active sessions.
Q. Do website exceptions work on all browsers?
A. Currently, website exceptions for Windows work on Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Opera. We're working to add support for more browsers with additional updates. Please feel free to let us know which browsers you'd like website exceptions added to via our Feature Request Survey!
Still Need Help?
If you're having any issues, just send us a message via the green chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the site or shoot us an email at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help. We are consciously using the term "Website Exceptions" to describe this feature instead of whitelist, thank you for understanding.