We're very excited to announce that our Windows app now has whitelisting functionality via Freedom Website Exceptions! You can whitelist both entire domains (ie. facebook.com) and subdomains (ie. facebook.com/business) with Website Exceptions.
Desktop App Set-up
To begin, do the following:
1. Click on the Freedom task-bar icon to bring up the Freedom app menu.
2. Click "Enable Website Exceptions".
How to add Website Exceptions
- Click Manage Website Exceptions to bring up this window. Click "Add Site" to add sites to your whitelist.
2. Enter a site and click "Add". For the purpose of this tutorial, we are adding facebook.com to our whitelist.
3. Start a session. The sites in your whitelist will not be blocked!
Q. Do I have to run a "Block All Websites" session for Website Exceptions to work?
A. You can use Website Exceptions with both Block All Websites sessions and sessions that only use your custom blocklists! Sites will be whitelisted for both setups.
Q. Can I add sites to my exceptions list during a block session?
A. To avoid "cheating" or getting around your pre-determined blocks, website exceptions cannot be added during active sessions.
Q. Do website exceptions work on all browsers?
A. Currently, website exceptions for Windows work on Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Opera. We're working to add support for more browsers with additional updates. Please feel free to let us know which browsers you'd like Whitelisting added to via our Feature Request Survey!
Still Need Help?
If you're having any issues, just send us a message via the green chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the site or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.