Sign up for a Freedom account and log in.
Create a block list
Decide when you want your block to start: Start Now, Start Later or create a Recurring Session
Decide how long you want your block session to last
Select which devices and which blocklist(s) to include
Start your session
Mac + Windows:
1. Sign up and log in at freedom.to
2. From your dashboard, find the Blocklists section and select Add a blocklist
3. Name your blocklist
4. There are 3 options for choosing sites that you want to block:
Category filters: Select a category filter to block popular websites within a category such as social media or news. To see which websites are included within these categories, simply hover your mouse over the filter to reveal the list.
Pre-made filters: Select from our list of pre-made filters of popular websites.
Add your own: Want to block a website that isn't listed? Simply add the URL in the box above the filters and select add block.
5. Click Save
6. You are now ready to start a session. Under 'My Sessions,' select whether you would like to set up a Start Now, Start Later, or Recurring session. Then select which blocklists and devices you would like to include. Note: The 'Apps' blocklist only needs to be included if you want to block the apps you've added to your app blocklist in the Windows and Mac apps. For iOS and Android, you select the individual blocklists that include the apps you want to block.
9. Select Start and focus on what matters!
1. Launch Freedom app and log in.
2. Select Blocklists tab.
3. Select Add new blocklist.
4. Select what you want to block by toggling the pre-made filters or by selecting Add a website to block to add your own URL.
5. If you would like to include apps on this blocklist, tap Add iOS apps to block and select the apps or app categories you would like to block. For more information, see How to block apps on iOS.
5. Tap Create in the upper righthand corner
6. Go to the Start Session tab.
7. Tap Blocklists and select which blocklists you would like to include. Then return to Session Settings.
8. Select Devices and choose what devices you want to include in your block. Then return to Session Settings.
9. Select Session Length or select End Time and select a duration or an end time for your session.
11. Select Start.
Launch Freedom app and log in.
Select Blocklists icon from the bottom of the screen
Tap an existing blocklist to add apps, domains, or Curated Filters (including both apps and websites) to the blocklist. Or, to create a new Blocklist, tap the green plus sign (+) in the bottom-right corner:
For more information about creating a blocklist on Android, please see Android Blocklist and Session Set Up.
Start a session
Once you've set up your blocklists, you can start a Freedom session. Click on the 'New Session' tab to create a blocking session.
Next, select the blocklists, devices and times you'd like the session to run. Tap Start Session start your session!
If you're having any difficulty, please feel free to contact us. We're happy to help!