Log out, and back in to the client
If you have completed a Freedom session, and your blocks have not ended properly, please take the following steps:
- Log out of your Freedom Desktop Client by selecting "Sign out"
- Quit the Freedom Desktop Client by selecting "Quit"
- Start the Freedom Desktop Client and log back in.
If this does not resolve the issue, let's follow these steps:
Update Network Settings
Freedom uses an on-device proxy to block the sites you've selected. If you run into a problem with the Proxy, you can disable it by going to System Preferences -> Network -> Advanced -> Proxies and de-selecting Web Proxy and Secure Web Proxy. Here's a screencast of the steps.
Delete and Reinstall
If worst comes to worst, we'll delete and reinstall the device following these steps.
- Log into your Freedom dashboard and delete the device.
2. Uninstall the device from your local computer following these instructions
3. Reboot (if you're into that)
4. Reinstall a fresh copy of Freedom from https://freedom.to/downloadsFreedom for Mac install instructionsFreedom for Windows install instructions