Important note: This article refers to Freedom for iOS Version 3.0, which was removed from the App Store after Apple forbid app blocking. If you had previously downloaded Freedom Version 3.0, you can continue to use it on your devices. See this link for more information. Freedom 4.0 is currently limited by Apple to blocking websites in Safari.
- Sign-up for a Freedom Account - Mac + Windows, iOS (sign-up + installation)
- Installing Freedom - Mac + Windows
SIGN-UP FOR A FREEDOM ACCOUNT
Mac + Windows
- Go to Freedom.to and select Sign-up
2. Enter your name, email, and create a password.
3. Pick a payment plan or start your 7-session Free Trial
iOS (Sign-up + Install)
- Download Freedom from the iOS app store and launch.
2. Sign-up for a Freedom account by filling in your email and creating a password.
3. Select sign up.
4. Install Safari Content Blocker by going to Settings > Safari > Content Blockers and toggling Freedom to "On".
5. Tap on "Install DNS Proxy" to install the Freedom VPN. This blocks content on other browsers like Google Chrome and for apps.
6. Tap "OK".
7. Use Touch ID or Passcode to install the Freedom VPN.
8. When the VPN is installed, it will look like this. Please note that you do not need to toggle the VPN on or off -- the VPN we use is a local VPN and will connect on-demand to block!
INSTALLING FREEDOM ON MAC + WINDOWS
In order to run a block session, download and install Freedom on any device you wish to include.
- Download Freedom for Mac at Freedom.to/downloads or by clicking Add a device on the Freedom Dashboard.
2. Once on freedom.to/downloads, select Mac.
3. Go to Downloads on your Mac and doubleclick FreedomSetup.dmg
4. Drag Freedom.app to Applications
5. Launch Freedom from your Applications folder and log in.
6. Once launched and logged in, the Freedom Icon will appear in your menubar
7. Now go to your Dashboard at freedom.to/log-in and log in to start your first block session.
- Download Freedom for Windows at Freedom.to/downloads or by clicking Add a device on the Freedom dashboard
2. Once on freedom.to/downloads, select Windows
3. Download and double click FreedomSetup.exe
4. Follow Freedom installer instructions
5. Once launched and logged in, the Freedom Icon will appear in your menubar.
6. Now go to your Dashboard at freedom.to/log-in and log in to start your first block session.
Still having trouble?
If you're having any difficulty, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com or chat with us via the green chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the page. We're happy to help!