If most of your app blocks are working on iPhone or iPad, but you're still having trouble with Facebook, Instagram, or other social media apps, it may because these apps use a type of connection that is harder to break with our app blocker. These blocks sometimes won't kick in until several minutes into a session, or may require extra steps to get blocks working.
We recommend that you use our premade filters called "Facebook" and "Instagram" when creating your blocklist. These block some additional URLs in addition to the main Facebook and Instagram URLs, so this may help the blocks work better.
Airplane Mode Fix
Here's a quick tip to make sure your blocks kick in immediately: Just turn Airplane Mode on and off again. Toggling Airplane Mode will clear out some caches on your phone and break the constant connection these apps use, which will then block your apps. Your feeds will not refresh and you will see network connection error messages.
Another tip: You can also log out of an app like Facebook, Instagram etc., start a blocking session, and then turn Airplane mode on and off again -- you will be unable to log back in for the rest of your block session.
If possible, we recommend waiting a few minutes into a session before opening these hard-to-block apps. Continually refreshing the app will make it difficult for the blocks to kick in.
Automating Airplane Mode
Evan, one of our users, offers this idea for automating the toggling of Airplane mode using Shortcuts on iOS:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Shortcuts app
- Tap "Automation," then "Create Personal Automation"
- Choose "Time of Day" and set it to the beginning of your Freedom session, then tap Next
- Tap "Add Action" and then "Scripting"
- Add "Set Airplane Mode," "Wait," and then "Airplane Mode" again, making sure it says "on" the first time and "off" the second time.
6. Tap "Next" and then "Done." Airplane mode should now be toggled automatically at the time you set!
If you continue to experience any issues with Freedom, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com. We're happy to help!