The Freedom Chrome Extension - Troubleshooting and FAQs
The Freedom Chrome extension ‘extends’ the functionality of Freedom in the Chrome browser and ensures that all of your blocked sites display with the Freedom green screen:
FOR THE FREEDOM EXTENSION TO WORK YOU NEED TO:
- Sign up for a Freedom account (if you haven’t already)
- Download the Freedom Mac or Windows desktop app (if you don’t already have it)
- Login to the Freedom Mac or Windows app and run a Freedom blocking session on your computer
Q: What does the Freedom Chrome extension do?
A: The Freedom Chrome extension ensures that your all your blocked sites display the calming Freedom green screen and assists with blocking in certain instances.
Freedom blocks distracting websites, apps, or the whole internet across all your devices - the Freedom Chrome extension works in conjunction the Freedom Mac and Windows apps to provide the green screen on your blocked pages
Q: Why isn’t it working?
A: It’s likely that you’re not logged in to the Freedom Mac or Windows desktop app. Open the app on your computer and login with your Freedom account credentials.
Once you’re logged in, simply start a Freedom session on your Mac or Windows computer (start the session from the app itself or from your Freedom dashboard) and the Chrome extension will do its thing.
Q: Now that everything's installed and I'm logged in, how do I block websites and apps on my computer?
A: If you need some help getting started with block your distractions, here are a few other links to help:
- How to start a Freedom block session
- How to create a custom Freedom block list
- How to schedule a Freedom block
- How to install Freedom on your iPhone or iPad
Q: Sometimes I use Firefox, or when I’m feeling especially geeky, Opera. Do you have extensions for those?
- Get Firefox HERE (It’s best to open this link in Firefox itself. After clicking, you will see a message about Firefox preventing the installation. It is safe to click "Allow.") Learn more.
- Get Opera HERE
Q: Are you going to do more fancy things with the Chrome extension in the future?
A: Absolutely! Keep an eye out for updates that further extend the functionality of Freedom in the Chrome browser.
Q: I don’t get this, I really need help. Can you help me?
A: Of course! Just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Still need the Chrome extension? Download and install the Freedom Chrome extension HERE