Issue: I use Freedom and K9 Web Protection, but Freedom seems to cause K9 to stop working. How do I fix this?
Freedom and K9 can work together quite nicely! To ensure that Freedom does not block the K9 Web Protection filter, please follow these instructions.
- Open up System Preferences -> Network -> Advanced -> Proxies.
- Add *.bluecoat.com to the "Bypass proxy settings for these hosts & domains." field.
- Then press OK, and then Apply. You may need to restart your computer if K9 has been complaining.
On your Windows computer, open up
- Windows 10: Settings -> Network & Internet -> Proxy -> Advanced
- Windows 8: PC Settings -> Network Proxy -> Advanced
- Windows 7 and XP: Internet Options -> Configure Proxy Server -> LAN Settings -> Proxy Settings -> Advanced
From there, add *.bluecoat.com to the the field "Bypass proxy settings for these hosts & domains". Press OK, and then Apply.