We encourage all customers to download our Freedom Version 5.0+, which has our best app and website blocking technology. Here are some tips for migrating from 3.0 to 5.0+.
- Start by downloading the most recent version of Freedom from the App Store. This is a new app, so it needs to be downloaded separately. Freedom 3.0 doesn't automatically update to 5.0.
- Once downloaded, open Freedom and sign in with your account email and password.
- Install Safari Content Blocker by going to Settings > Safari > Content Blockers and toggling Freedom to "On". You may see the old version of Freedom on this screen as well. You can leave that on-- we'll be removing it later.
4. Tap on "Install App Blocker" to install the Freedom app blocker. This blocks content on other browsers like Google Chrome and for apps.
5. Use Touch ID or Passcode to install the Freedom VPN. You've finished installing Freedom!
Update Your Schedules:
The new version of Freedom will list your phone as a new device, even if it's the same phone you were using for Freedom 3.0. You will need to edit any scheduled and recurring sessions to include this new device name.
To update your schedules from the iOS app:
- Tap "Sessions" at the bottom of the screen, and then tap the name of the session you would like to edit.
- Select "Devices" and check the name of the new device.
- Go back to the "Edit Session" screen, and tap "Save."
- Repeat this process for all of the sessions you want to add this device to.
Once you have Freedom 5.0 set up, you'll want to uninstall Freedom 3.0 from your device. To do this, simply click and hold the icon for the old app. You may then have to tap "Rearrange Apps." All of the app icons will start wobbling, and the ones that can be deleted will have an 'x'. Press that 'x' and then confirm by tapping "Delete" on the pop-up.
You can also delete the old device from your Freedom dashboard.
You should now be all set to use Freedom 5.0!
Still Having Trouble?
If you're having any difficulty, please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us via the green chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the page. We're happy to help!