Important note: Our latest app, Freedom 5.0, has significant improvements in performance. If you run into a problem with Freedom, please make sure you upgrade to our latest version, which could solve the problem for you!
Here are some things to look into if you are having problems with Freedom on iOS:
Blocks not working?
Please note that iOS app blocking works by preventing apps from loading new content, so you'll still be able to open the app and see older, cached content. If blocks don't seem to be working:
- Make sure you have installed the necessary app blockers after logging into Freedom. Instructions for this can be found here: Installing Freedom on your iPhone or iPad
- Make sure Freedom is open on your device. Check out our document here for more info: Keeping the Freedom App Open on iOS
- If most blocks are working, but you're still having trouble with a few apps (especially Facebook and Instagram), please see: How to block Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp on iOS
Not receiving notifications of sessions beginning or ending?
- You might need to enable Background App Refresh. Check out our document here for more info: iOS Background App Refresh
Sessions aren't syncing?
- Running on Low Power Mode can prevent blocks from beginning or ending correctly. Check here for a fix: iOS Low Power Mode
- Want to know more about the limitations of Freedom for iOS? Check out this document for more info: Known Limitations
- Need help installing Freedom on your iOS device? Check out this document: Installing Freedom on iOS
- Need help uninstalling Freedom form your iOS device? Check out this document: Uninstalling Freedom on iOS
- Have any other questions about the iOS app? Check out our more comprehensive FAQ here: Freedom for iOS FAQ
Still having trouble?
If you're having any difficulty, please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us via the green chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the page. We're happy to help!