Thanks for using Freedom on your iOS device! Here's how to set up the app on your iPhone/iPad.
1. To begin using Freedom on your iOS device first download the Freedom app from App Store. Please note Freedom requires you to use iOS 9 or later.
2. Once you download the app, open Freedom and sign in with your account email and password.
3. Install Safari Content Blocker by going to Settings > Safari > Content Blockers and toggling Freedom to "On".
5. Tap on "Install App Blocker" to install the Freedom app blocker. This blocks content on other browsers like Google Chrome and for apps.
6. Tap "Install App Blocker".
7. Use Touch ID or Passcode to install the Freedom VPN. You've finished installing Freedom!
8. When the VPN is installed, it will look like this. Please note that you do not need to toggle the VPN on or off manually. The VPN we use is a local VPN, and will connect automatically to block the sites and apps on your blocklist.
Clicking on the settings icon will take you to our setting screen. Here you can enable locked mode, configure notifications, and reinstall the app blocker if necessary.
Locked Mode: Prevents log-out while a block session is running. More info here!
Session Start/Session End Notifications: Sends push notifications when your sessions begin and end, and also sends push notifications when Freedom needs to be opened to sync blocks.
Log Out: Logs you out of the app and ends the block(s) on your device.
Other helpful articles:
Still having trouble?
If you're having any difficulty, please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us via the green chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the page. We're happy to help!